Spooky season also means toasty, spiced mulled apple cider. This is the perfect drink for the Served Gold Pitcher. Your cocktail will be kept warm no matter how many trick or treaters you have at your door. Our Witches’ Brew recipe will keep you in good shape as long as the night is dark … and spooky!
Witches’ Brew Recipe
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 large apple (honey crisp) cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 large orange, cut into 1/4” slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves
- Add apple cider, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, apple slices, orange slices and to a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil in sauce pan and let simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Strain out cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves, orange, apple
- To make it a “grown up” brew add rum, brandy or bourbon and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Our Mulled Simple Syrup recipe (below) is perfect for any holiday cocktail.
Mulled Simple Syrup
View other recipes in the served pitcher here.