Join Maggie and Ebbie in the kitchen making press pot coffee.
French Press Coffee
- Place the pot on a dry, flat surface. Hold the handle firmly, then pull out the plunger
- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot, per 1 cup of water
- Pour hot water—not quite boiling—into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot, stopping just above the water and ground coffee (do not plunge yet), and let stand for 3-4 minutes
- Sometimes it helps to give the pot a quick stir, before inserting the plunger.
- Press the plunger down slowly, exerting steady pressure
- After each use, wash the pot with water and mild detergent, and dry thoroughly