Easy, delicious and ready for a Holiday party, that’s what you’ll be with this tasty festive cake! Chef Lorelei has you covered for a fail-proof holiday dessert:
This is a great recipe to have in your back pocket- super easy to make with basic-everyday ingredients. This can be served with all kinds of things- jams, jellies, thawed fruit or fresh fruit, sautéed fruit, whipped cream that has been flavored with cocoa powder or your favorite liqueur. This is my go-to version, it’s from The Minimalist Kitchen, I have ever so slightly modified a few ingredients.
French Yogurt Cake
- Serves 6 – 8
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt (not Greek – if Greek is all you have mix 1/4 cup Greek and 1/4 cup milk as a substitute)
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (like grapeseed or canola- but using a light olive oil is a lovely variation too)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Heat oven to 340° degrees.
- Lightly spray the interior sides of an 8-inch round pan with neutral oil.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper cut to size. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently fold flour mixture into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the center is baked through.
- Cake will crack while baking.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Cake can be made a day in advance.
For more recipes, click here.