- Remove the pastries from the bag and box and place on a parchment covered sheet pan 4 inches apart. There should be no more than 6 croissants on a standard sheet pan (18in x 13in). Cover lightly with plastic wrap, then place on the counter to thaw overnight. The plastic will prevent a skin from forming on the pastries as they thaw. Let pastries thaw for 12-14 hours at room temperature until they have doubled in size. Time will vary depending on the temperature in your home.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make an egg wash by mixing 1 beaten egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of water, then straining through a fine mesh sieve. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the egg wash over the pastries just before putting them in the oven. This will give the pastries a golden brown shine.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the pastries appear golden brown in color.
- For monkey bread only drizzle milk jam over top while hot.
Tip: Placing the pastries in the middle or ¾ high rack setting in the oven will prevent them from darkening prematurely as opposed to the top rack position.
Enjoy them right out of the oven!
For more take and bake instructions, click here.